LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE STARTUP GOLD PODCAST FOR WEEKLY TIPS FROM EXPERTS AND ENTREPRENEURS ON HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN BUSINESS
Being a mother is equivalent to having multiple full time jobs and then…WOMAN!!! you decide to run a business on top of that?
You know you are totally capable of making it all happen, after-all mums are the best at figuring things out. You have embarked on this mission to build a successful business, having faith that there is something better waiting for you and your family.
So you start creating the life you want. You see huge potential in yourself and who you want to become. Exciting times lie ahead..
If your ship has set sail towards your dreams you have probably reached or about to reach the point of reality. Raising kids and running a business is no easy feat. Free time has become luxury and most days you don’t know if you’re going up or coming down.
If this sounds like you, here are 5 steps on how to find a work life balance for busy mumpreneurs
1. Love yourself
By nature most mums are givers. But you can not pour from an empty cup. If you are constantly running around your family and business, you will burn out…..and then you are no good to anyone.
Be as disciplined as you are about caring for others as you are in caring for yourself
To make the right decisions for your business, you need your health and wellbeing in check. This becomes more important as your business grows. No one wants to follow a tired, stressed leader. If you want the respect of your team, customers and business partners, take care of yourself.
You chose to follow this path, practise self love always, being a mum is not an excuse
The next cohort of The Business Builders LAB starts March 2nd.
Enrollment now open for businesses that need the skills to build confidence and attract their ideal customer, convert them to fee paying clients and build customer loyalty.
Click to visit the builders page below and get more information.
2. Always remember that productivity starts from within
Your mindset is the first thing you need to get in order when working on moving forward. It doesn’t matter how determined you are or how hard you work. If your mindset is not aligned with the destination you are heading, it’s going to be a long and frustrating journey. Have a clear view of what your goals are and how you feel about your work- life balance?
You can start by asking yourself these questions
- What does my perfect work life balance look like?
- What does it mean to me?
- What things will improve if I have my ideal balanced life?
- Who will benefit from it?
- What do I need to get me closer to achieving the life I want?
- What activities do I need to do more or less of to achieve my goals?
- What do I lose if I don’t improve my work-life balance?
- How important is what I lose to me?
3. Make time your new currency
Time is money and you don’t come cheap
This is one of the most valuable resources you have as a Mumpreneur. So learn to manage it better. Work out the amount of time you have to spend on each area of your life to be balanced. Don’t entertain people or activities that are a complete waste of your time.
Here are some things to consider when deciding what to spend your time on.
- How does this action align with my priorities and goals?
- What value am I getting out of doing this?
- Does this action have to be done now?
- Does the action have to be done by me?
If you are really short on time, here are tips on how to improve your productivity.
4. Work smarter, not harder
Thanks to the internet, you can unlock the time limit and crush your income goals by reaching your ideal customers worldwide, while you sleep!
No more door to door sales, or cold calling. Digital marketing will take you places you only dreamed of.
Here are tips to get you started with digital marketing
- Promote your brand on social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Get your message to your ideal customers by guesting on podcasts, blogs or youtube.
- Make your website work for you by leveraging SEO to spread your brand message
- Leverage the power of influencer marketing and promote affiliate links of brands relevant to your niche.
As you do this, focus on automating activities that are repetitive in your business. Remember to delegate or outsource activities you do not need to focus on.
Have you signed up for the next Business Builders LAB?
A three week program for you to build up the skills you need to attract your ideal customers, convert them to fee paying clients and retain their loyalty as your business grows.
LAB opens on March 2nd.
Improve your business income in 2020. Click the button below to get more information and enrol.
5. Invest in building your dream team.
It is not a weakness to ask for help when you need it. Sometimes you need to let go of control and trust in others. Invest in building a team that supports your dream.
Build your internal support team
Start with your family. Make your business known to them and share your goals. Celebrate wins together – small and big. When they understand the things that matter to you, they are more likely to support you.
Here are some family talking points and actions to get everyone onboard.
- Explain how important it is for the business to work for you and your family.
- Get the kids and hubby involved in house chores.
- If you have kids that are underage, make a list of people you can turn to and ask to babysit last minute.
Build your external support team
As you grow your business, ensure you also have a supportive team outside your home. Here are some tips to get you started.
- If you do not have your own dedicate staff. Make a contact list of experts you can hire when necessary so you can focus on the work you love to do.
- Keep a network of friends and colleagues that can cheer you up and give you constructive criticism when needed.
Finding a work-life balance is crucial for you and your business to function effectively. Remember we all have different lifestyles. Your perfect balance might look and feel different to others so don’t compare. Positive affirmations are a great way to keep yourself motivated.
Embrace your situation, work with what you’ve got and stay focused on your goals.
Bitna Castillo is a wife, mum of three, a holistic success coach and branding strategist for mums in business. She helps other mums find balance, abundance and fulfilment by building a freedom based online business without burning or missing out. She’s currently traveling the world with her husband and three kids while working on multiple passion driven projects that supports her choice of lifestyle.